Friday 28 March 2008

Pair of Aces


I could write a book about this pair. Anyone who knows me will be aware how much they meant to me and sadly both are gone. Everything for a reason I keep getting told but sometimes it is hard to see or understand the reason. But lets focus on the good times. Sunshoo Imaknight Errant Of Barallan came to me at 15 weeks from Carolyn and David Roe. He was going thru the ugly duckling stage but I fell in love with him right away. His movement was to die for! He won Best Puppy In Show first time out at the Northern & Eastern Counties Papillon Club championship show aged six and half months. The following week he won the same award again, this time at the North of Scotland Toydog Society Open show. He went on from strength to strength, won his way thru his classes and at 3 years he won his title. He is the sire of Buffy and Poppy who are still with me.
My darling Daisy, Barallan Jump For Joy was 6 weeks younger than Errol and they went to all the shows together. They were my 'team'. Daisy won well for me too, most memorable being the CC and RBIS at the South Wales Papillon Club championship show (it was the club's Pearl anniversary). If you can have soulmate in a dog then she was it. She seemed to know what I was thinking or going to do before I did! I lost her unexpectedly last year and it broke my heart, I was for giving it all up, no more dogs, no more shows etc. But the unconditional love of the other dogs and the friendship of doggy people helped me thru it. I look to the future now and getting back into the showring, altho I have been there on a number of occasions as the 'Judge' !! But that is another story.

No comments: